Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014: The year we get married!

Happy New Year!  It's 2014 aka the year we are getting married.  I can't believe we have been engaged for 9 months and are getting married in less than 6.  Bridesmaids dresses have been finalized, my dress is ready to be picked up, but I feel like there are 1 million other things that I need to do.  I have been comforted by thinking "I have time" for the last few months but now that it's 2014, that comfort is gone.  Is it too soon to go into wedding panic mode? Perhaps. 

I have been telling myself that I just need to get through the holidays and then I can get back to wedding planning.  Well surprise, the holidays are OVER and I need to get back at it.  First up (and the most fun I think): wedding bands!  Who doesn't love shopping for diamonds?  I am a bit frustrated with the place where my engagement ring was purchased.  You see my ring has a matching band but they don't have a sample.  You better believe that I will not be ordering anything without trying it on first.  The vendor "doesn't have a sample they can send".  Needless to say, I am now looking into other jewelers to find my band.  Suggestions are welcome. 

 I also need to book hair and make up, pick out tuxes, order invitations, book our honeymoon, meet with my florist to make some actual decisions, figure out the menu and the cake, decide on our first dance song, come up with a playlist, etc. etc. etc.  Now that I have written this stuff out, I am officially starting to panic. Deep breath in, let the crazy out. ;) 

On that note, time to get pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment